YES, because we have the RIGHTS to be PARANOID! Now I truly understand why all moms are like that.
We gave birth to you, we nurture you till you are able to stand on your own. We put so much effort and love. So, when your mother calls you on your mobile, you better answer!
Back to the main topic, here are 11.5 things I've learnt from being Mika's mother :
1. I shop more for my baby than yourself.
True, I stop shopping for myself when I am at the mall, I only head to H&M and UNIQLO to look at baby clothes. I will only shop when my parents are around to help take care of Mika or I shop online when Mika is asleep.
2. I smell like Chanel x Breastmilk
Yup, if anyone of you is wondering, that's my perfume at the moment. My milk comes out every 4 hours and will leak out. A few times when I forgot to wear the breast pad, it overflows and you know how it ends. So embarrassing!
3. I gave Mika the iPad in exchange for quiet time for at least 20 mins.
I used to think that I will never ever ever let Mika play the iPad but now I take it back. I surrender. I need my 20 mins of doing nothing and just not think of anything. That's my zen moment. He always wants us to carry him when we are eating, so I just on his favourite music and then we can all eat in peace.
4. Toilet time is my luxury time. Peace and quiet. That's when I check all my social media stuff.
5. Being a STAY AT HOME MOM ( SAHM ) is EXHAUSTING!
I miss going to work and do what ever I want according to my time, now my work time depends on baby's time LOL, I can only work if he's asleep or a quick iPad run.
6. I got not enough time!!!
Sometimes when I thought he's already asleep and that I can do my chores or work, he just wont let go of my nipple ( I breastfeed my baby ) and trust me, the shape is very very different now -_-||| Yes, I got bigger boobs but the nipple is also like XL size and the worst part is uneven boobs! WOAH!!! Madness. I wanna wear a nice dress also cannot, I'll have to make sure I have a push up bra with no wire cos if there's wire, it will clog up all the breastmilk and it would be hard as rock. No joke, it's really painful.
7. You will remember all of your baby's TOY SONGS!
Yes, it will stuck in your head! Mika has a lot of toys which has songs and music in it, and trust me.. by the end of the day, you can automatically sing it all during your shower, when you are getting ready to go out, or when you are doing NOTHING! LOL
8. We need to find all the lifts in the shopping mall.
Yup, it's like a stroller meet up point. Bye bye escalators.....
9. Breastfeeding is really tiring. When I was preggers, I told myself that I will do it for 2 years.
I take it back. I think 1 year is good enough! It is so exhausting, I don't know how moms do it for 2 years. I am weaning him off when he turns one in October. There were times where I will just stare at the FORMULAs at the grocery store. Blank stare, dazed and confused. Then I will walk away and tell myself, few more months left.. few more months left :)
10. Patience is you best friend, and so is the iPad.
Baby will make the house messy, scream and cry at you to test your patience but mostly will reward you with a smile after.
11. After all the headache/ torturous night your baby gave you... you know you will do it all over again when they smile at you.
11.5. No, I am not pregnant.